Led by Industry Experts and Professionals
A multitude of workshops to assist with your visions, goals and plans on end-of-life choices, options and decisions.
Workshops are live and interactive, giving participants a chance to be creative; begin, analyze and finish their critical documents.
Thank you to our 2019 Workshop Presenters
- Living Reef Memorial: Transforming cremains into living reefs that bloom with an abundance of life.
- Is It Time? The Question of Pet Euthanasia: Discovering the Answer from Within ~ Finding an Answer that Brings Peace and Serenity with Liz Fernandes, DVM
- Near-Death Experiences: Sacred Living, Sacred Dying with Sharon Lund
- Advance Care Planning & POLST: A Vital Discuss with Dr. Karl Steinberg and John Tastad
- Good Grief: Finding Joy Through Mandalas with author and artist Dannie Engwert
- Dignity Memorial Veteran Benefits Program
- Crystals and Crystal Sound for Stress Relief, Pain Management and Inner Peace with Sound Healer Elivia Melodey
- End of Life Choices California ~ Talking about The Elephant in the Room
- Beautiful Dying in Mexico ~ Family and Religious Traditions as told by Wendy Jane Carrel
- Finish Strong: Tools to Help You Plan for Life’s End presented by Compassion & Choices CA State Director Samantha Trad
- Conscious Dying Institute presents Death ~ A Rite of Passage: Creating Care & Healing for the Best Three Months of Life
End of Life leaders share their perspective
Pioneers and thought leaders with expertise in the end of life movement will come together for lively and innovative panel discussions.
These conversations are guaranteed to be intriguing and keep us all engaged as we learn from the best!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 PANELISTS
Dr. Karen Wyatt
Dr. Karen Wyatt is the bestselling author of the books The Tao of Death and What Really Matters: 7 Lessons for Living from the Stories of the Dying, which contains stories of patients she cared for as a hospice doctor and the spiritual lessons she learned from them at the end of their lives. Dr. Wyatt also hosts End-of-Life University Podcast, which features conversations with experts who work in all aspects of end-of-life care. She is widely regarded as a thought-leader in the effort to transform the way we care for our dying in the U.S. In addition, she is valued for her application of spiritual principles to illness and healthcare and teaches that in order to live life fully we must each overcome our fear of death and embrace the difficulties that life brings us.
The Comfort Measures and Caring for the Dying panel features leading industry experts sharing information on how to relieve symptoms and optimize comfort as patients undergo the dying process. Care and comfort measures allows for a better quality of life at the end of life.
If you are wondering what will happen, how to give comfort, what to say, or what to do for a loved one who is dying, we encourage you to attend.
Learn how to provide end-of-life comfort in four areas – physical comfort, mental and emotional needs, spiritual issues, and practical tasks.
The End-of-Life Choices and Planning panel will include legal expertise to get your affairs in order as well as a lively discussion about the alternatives to traditional funerals and services that are available today.
Knowing what choices are available to you at end-of-life is incredibly important and empowering. By planning in advance, you are freed to live life to the fullest.
Advance planning helps ensure you will get the care you want and avoid what you don’t want, even if you’re unable to speak for yourself. Let our experts guide you through your choices.
Beautiful Dying Expo is a Project under IVAT Centers, a California, not-for-profit 501(c)3 Organization TIN #75-2401334